What is the top journalism school in the United States in 2011? That’s a great question. The answer is going to vary depending on who you ask and what criteria they use to decide which university is the best. Personally, I still think Ball State University is one of the top 10 Journalism Schools in the US.
- mission, governance and administration;
- curriculum and instruction;
- diversity and inclusiveness;
- full-time and part-time faculty;
- scholarship: research, creative and professional activity;
- student services;
- resources, facilities and equipment;
- professional and public service;
- and assessment of learning outcomes.
The ACEJMCC has awarded accreditation to 109 university and college programs of study in journalism and mass communications.
Without any further ado, here is the non-scientific Journalism Hope list of Best Journalism Schools.
- University of Missouri – Columbia
- Columbia University in New York, NY
- Ball State University – Muncie, IN
- University of California – Berkeley
- Ohio University – Athens, OH
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, SC
Agree or disagree? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.